The annual Joe Nall Fly-In hosts its fair share of unique aircraft, and RCScaleAirplanes captured two of the best in flight in this video. Ali Machinchy’s F-104 1/4-scale Starfighter is 16 feet long and powered by a B300F turbine engine. The Airworld model was built by Trond Hammerstad in Norway and sports paint and markings from Ralle at Tailormade and a pilot figure from Tailored Pilots in the UK, so it’s truly international endeavor. The 1/4.2-scale Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX model was built by U.S. modeler Simon Bartlett and is piloted here by Austrian Thomas Gass. It’s a CARF kit and is powered by a three-cylinder, four-stroke 150cc KOLM engine that looks terrific un-cowled.
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting