The IRCHA Jamboree is the place to be if you love RC helicopters, and rotor-craft of all types and sizes were in abundance at this year’s event. One standout is this 40-pound monster, the handiwork of Joel Rosenzweig from Marlborough, NH. His IRCHA Scale winning Erickson Air Crane S64F weighs in at 40 pounds, has a 6 blade rotor head and 4 blade tail rotor, and uses four 5S 5,000mAh battery packs which gives it a 9-minute flight time at 950 main rotor rpm. This looks more scale than the full size version! (For more IRCHA news and photos, click here!)
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting