With the ProTek R/C ”TruGlow” Remote Glow Igniter System you can leave your old glow plug battery in the field box because the “TruGlow” uses your receiver battery to power the glow plug in your airplane or helicopter. This not only makes it easier to start your engine, but can also be setup to help prevent the engine from stalling out at low throttle settings, or when throttle hold is activated.
The ProTek R/C “TruGlow” programming is controlled through an open channel on your transmitter or the remote switch shown in the photo, and provides three levels of heat or “brightness” for the glow plug. Simply plug the “TruGlow” into an open AUX or Gear channel on your receiver, connect the black ground wire to the crankcase or engine mount and connect the alligator clip terminal to the glow plug post. Then, decide whether you want to operate the “TruGlow” using a toggle switch and mixing function on your transmitter, or the included push button remote switch for control. Whichever option works best for your application. You can also adjust the amount of time the “TruGlow” operates, from 12 to 60 seconds, in 12 second increments. And, since these functions are optional, you can program the “TruGlow” to suit your personal requirements.
The included remote push button switch features a 16″ lead that keeps your hands away from spinning blades or props. An audible alarm and LED light lets you know when current is being delivered to the glow plug, while the Micro Controller Unit (MCU) monitors all functions and helps to avoid damage to the glow plug. And the “TruGlow” is backed by ProTek R/C’s award winning support and customer service.
- Helicopter: Improved engine reliability by igniting the glow plug at low throttle positions or when throttle hold is activated. This is achieved by using the program mixing function in the transmitter.
- Airplane: Improve low speed engine characteristics by igniting the glow plug automatically at low throttle settings. This is achieved by using the program mixing function in the transmitter.
- The external buzzer, LED glow indicator, RC controlled switch and other functions are optional according to user requirements.
- The glow plug can be remotely ignited from your transmitter by using a receiver channel (Gear, AUX, etc.) or optional push switch
- The remote switch unit is optional, and can be left off the model when the unit is controlled from the transmitter.
- Powered by on board 3.6V – 8.4V receiver battery
- Three levels of adaptive glow with any glow plug type at any voltage
- 12-60 seconds of continuous glow
- Visible LED and audible alarm let you know that the glow plug is glowing
- Enhanced safety and reliability
- A Micro Controller Unit (MCU) monitors all functions and helps to avoid damage to the glow plug
- The TruGlow will not apply current to the glow plug if you are in stunt mode, or if the engine throttle is open. This is achieved by using the program mixing function in the transmitter.
- 12″ glow plug/ground leads
- 16″ remote switch lead
- 6″ receiver lead
Where can you get one of these ? Looks interesting.
AMainHobbies.com carries their complete line of products. Let me know how you like it.
Hi, do you have a UK importer for these?
No I do not have a UK importer. Have you tried Google?
coukld someone please advise where i can purchase the below as i have found nobody, thanks
ProTek RC ”TruGlow” Remote Glow Ignitor System
Comments are closed.