The ultimate must-have for scale warbirds is a beautiful static scale propeller. The biggest thing that ruins the scale looks of the model plane is that “smaller than scale” wood flying propeller. Many warbird pilots will paint their props the correct color and add the yellow safety propeller tips, but if you really want to get it right, you have to check out the kits available from Nick Ziroli Plans. This How To article takes you step by step…
MODEL AIRPLANE NEWS PREMIUM members can access this article on how to make your own lozenge covering. When you become a member, you’ll get instant online access to our back-issue archives, the latest Model Airplane News Digital Editions, all of our newsstand-only special issues, and much more.
Membership includes exclusive access to our enormous collection of RC information.
• 7+ years of digital editions of Model Airplane News
• Flight Journal and Model Airplane News special issue digital editions, previously only available on newsstands
• Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get Model Airplane News on your mobile or tablet device
• Aerobatic flight technique video lessons for plane & helicopter pilots
• Contests & giveaways only for members
• 30 years of Model Airplane News archives
• 10 years of Electric Flight archives
• 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop