For the third year in a row, Dave Wigley and his own-design Wyvern garnered the top spot and the coveted “Mr. Top Gun” title. Entered in Masters class, Dave received a high static score (97.232) and flew consistent 96/97 flights all weekend. He was in close competition with Expert class winner Jack Diaz and his F-86 for the top spot. Dave told us that he didn’t look at the flight scores because he just wanted to concentrate on delivering great flight performances, and his strategy paid off! Unfortunately, this is the last year for the Wyvern in Masters’ class, but Dave is hard at work on a Bristol Beaufighter that we look forward to seeing next year!
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting