Model Airplane News followed the Road to Top Gun and we are excited to finally be here at Paradise Field! One of the first planes to catch our eye was this impressive 45% Spad VII. Designed and built by David James of Fairfield, Texas, the 138-inch-span warbird weighs 60 pounds and is powered by a DA 150. This is David’s first time at Top Gun and he’s flying in the Sportsman class. Stay tuned for more news and photos from the Top Gun flightline all weekend! Check out all the coverage here!
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- Make Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting — Video workshop Tips
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- Make Engine Cowls — Easy Beginner tips for RC Airplanes
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager