From Tower Hobbies:
Flying a P-51 Mustang model is always special. Flying a scale replica of the P-51B “Berlin Express” takes it to another level, and now you can experience the thrill of piloting the same warbird made famous by Lt. Bill Overstreet during WWII! Tower Hobbies’ P-51B Mustang goes together quick and easy, looks like the real thing and flies like it’s on rails. It’s Receiver-Ready, so the motor, ESC and servos are already in place – all you have to supply is your radio system and battery. And it’s made of AeroCell foam, so it repairs easily with CA adhesive. You’ll be proud to show off your Tower Hobbies “Berlin Express” P-51B Mustang at the field, whether you’re on the flight line preparing for takeoff or in the air flying sorties.
- Receiver-ready, with a 1000kV brushless motor, 30A ESC and 4 servos all pre-installed.
- Loaded with iconic Mustang details, like molded exhaust stacks, panel lines, machine guns, instrument panel and a painted and installed pilot bust.
- Assembly is easy and doesn’t require glue, so you can be out flying sorties in no time.
- Fly without fear – this Mustang is made of lightweight, durable AeroCell foam that comes back from mishaps without major repairs.
- The fixed landing gear can be easily removed for hand launches and belly landings.
- Ground handling is solid and more controlled with the steerable tail wheel.
- Accessing onboard gear and swapping out batteries is a breeze – the magnetic hatch is easy to remove, yet holds on tight.
- Give your Mustang even more scale realism with optional retracts – they’re inexpensive and easy to install.
- Working pre-hinged flaps are another cool option for ramping up the looks AND adding a new dimension to your flying*. *CA+ Medium Glue required – (LXPT39)
- Tower Hobbies P-51B Mustang MKII EP Berlin Express Warbird Rx-R – 1000kV motor. You’ll enjoy smooth, brushless power with the 1000kV motor – and it’s already installed.
- Tower Hobbies P-51B Mustang MKII EP Berlin Express Warbird Rx-R – magnetic hatch. The magnetic hatch protects onboard gear, and it’s easy to remove for swapping out batteries.
- Tower Hobbies P-51B Mustang MKII EP Berlin Express Warbird Rx-R – landing gear. Simply remove the included landing gear and you’re ready for hand launches and belly landings.
- Tower Hobbies P-51B Mustang MKII EP Berlin Express Warbird Rx-R – optional servos. By connecting optional servos (LXAUTH) to the pre-hinged flaps you can enjoy even more realistic flight characteristics, such as reducing speed for landing.
- Tower Hobbies P-51B Mustang MKII EP Berlin Express Warbird Rx-R – Optional retracts
- Optional retracts (LXETTP) and Y-Harness (LXGLYW) are other terrific scale touches, and they’re inexpensive and easy to install.
Preassembled Wing, Fuselage and Tail Sections, Fixed Landing Gear, Wheels, Motor, ESC, Propeller, Spinner, Servos and Instruction Manual – Retracts are not included and can be purchased seperately.
- Transmitter and Receiver: At least 4-ch, 6-ch required for optional retracts & flaps
- LiPo Battery: 3S at least 1800mAh
- Battery Charger: To match selected battery
- Building and field equipment
Construction: AeroCell foam, repairs easily with CA glue
Aileron Control: Dual Servo
Flaps: Optional, hardware included to make flaps operational (two
servos and Y-harness required, see COMMENTS below)
Brushless Motor: 30-35-1000 1000Kv
Electronic Speed Control: 30A
Landing Gear: Fixed, can be easily removed for hand launches and
belly landings, steerable tail wheel, optional prehinged flaps and
Wheels: Foam, two 2″ (51mm) main, 0.83″ (21mm) diameter tailwheel
Spinner: Plastic, red and yellow in color, 2.5″ (63.5mm) diameter
Servos: Four Tower Hobbies mini size, 14 oz-in (1.0 kg-cm) torque
Propeller: 10x7E composite construction, black in color
Hatch: AeroCell foam, attaches with magnets
Canopy: Clear, painted pilot figure
Length: 34″ (864mm)
Wingspan: 40″ (1016mm)
Wing Area: 282 sq in (18.2 sq dm)
Weight: 30 – 34oz (850 – 964g)
Wing Loading: 15.3 – 17.2 oz/sq ft (46.7 – 52.5 g/sq dm)
Center of Gravity (CG): 3″ (76mm) behind the leading edge of the
wing measured at the fuselage
Control Throws- Low Rate High Rate
Elevator, Up & Down: 1/8″ (3mm) 6° 1/4″ (6mm) 12°
Rudder, Right to Left: 1/2″ (13mm) 14° 11/16″ (17mm) 18°
Ailerons, Up & Down: 3/8″ (10mm) 18° 1/2″ (13mm) 23°
Optional Flaps, Down: 1″ (25mm) 24°
Tower Hobbies guarantees this kit to be free from defects in both material and workmanship at the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover any component parts damaged by use or modification.
#TOWA2018 – $119.99
See more posts about Tower Hobbies