From Tower Hobbies:
Ride this Mustang to first place.
What better way to win air races than with a plane patterned after the popular P-51 Mustang? Its speed and agility made it a dominant dogfighter during its combat career, and now you can take the checkered flag with a quality-built replica of an American icon!
Tower Hobbies’ P-51 Mustang Red Racer is Receiver-Ready, so the motor, ESC and servos are pre-installed. All you have to supply is your radio system and battery. It’s made of AeroCell foam, so it repairs easily with CA adhesive. Plus, it has lots of scale touches, along with a distinctive trim scheme featuring red, white, black and gray on top and a cool checkerboard design underneath.
Your P-51 Mustang MKII Red Racer will definitely be the center of attention at the flying field. And in the heat of competition, its performance will put you out in front.
- Receiver-ready, with a 1000kV brushless motor, 30A ESC and 4 servos all pre-installed.
- Loaded with iconic Mustang details, like molded exhaust stacks, panel lines, instrument panel and a painted and installed pilot bust.
- Assembly is easy and doesn’t require glue, so you can be out breaking speed records in no time.
- Fly without fear – this Mustang is made of lightweight, durable AeroCell foam that comes back from mishaps without major repairs.
- The fixed landing gear can be easily removed for hand launches and belly landings.
- Ground handling is solid and more controlled with the steerable tail wheel.
- Accessing onboard gear and swapping out batteries is a breeze – the magnetic hatch is easy to remove, yet holds on tight.
- Give your Mustang even more scale realism with optional retracts – they’re inexpensive and easy to install.
- Working pre-hinged flaps are another cool option for ramping up the looks AND adding a new dimension to your flying*.
*CA+ Medium Glue required – (LXPT39)
Length: 34″ (864mm)
Wingspan: 40″ (1016mm)
Wing Area: 282 sq in (18.2 sq dm)
Weight: 30 – 34oz (850 – 964g)
Wing Loading: 15.3 – 17.2 oz/sq ft (46.7 – 52.5 g/sq dm)
Center of Gravity (CG): 3″ (76mm) behind the leading edge of the
wing measured at the fuselage
Control Throws- Low Rate High Rate
Elevator, Up & Down: 1/8″ (3mm) 6° 1/4″ (6mm) 12°
Rudder, Right to Left: 1/2″ (13mm) 14° 11/16″ (17mm) 18°
Ailerons, Up & Down: 3/8″ (10mm) 18° 1/2″ (13mm) 23°
Optional Flaps, Down: 1″ (25mm) 24°
- Transmitter and Receiver: At least 4-ch, 6-ch required for optional retracts & flaps
- LiPo Battery: 3S at least 1800mAh
- Battery Charger: To match selected battery
- Building and field equipment