The popular RC car manufacturer is now taking flight with two new machines! The QR-1 (Quad Rotor) and DR-1 (Dual Rotor) helicopters are equipped with gyro stabilization, 4-channel, 2.4GHz control and LiPo power with an included charger. The DR-1’s coaxial rotor design delivers super-stable hovering and easy control, while the ultra-responsive QR-1 is capable of very fast flight and extreme maneuvers, including flips, rolls and banked turns. Its powerful quadmotors even let you fly outside. The transmitter’s LCD display shows the digital trim settings as well as flight mode, so you can learn the controls in “normal” and then click over to “expert” for even faster flight. They cost $99.99 each with a transmitter, battery and charger; $69.99 without the transmitter but with battery and charger. The best part? The Traxxas Helicopter Replacement Plan. If you wreck your heli, you can trade it in for a new one for just $50 at the dealer, or $50 plus $5 shipping from Traxxas. The traded-in heli can be in any condition–no questions asked. www.traxxas.com
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting