Yesterday, the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol announced that its office of Air and Marine Unmanned Aircraft Systems had reached a historic 10,000-hour milestone! Since 2005, their primary mission has been to secure the border and prevent acts of terrorism by identifying and intercepting potential terrorist and illegal cross-border activity as well as helping with federal and state disaster relief. To date, Predator operations have resulted in the apprehension of 4,865 undocumented aliens and 238 smugglers; the seizure of 33,773 pounds of contraband; and 4,285 sensor activations.
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting