Put on your mad scientist thinking cap! If you can come up with a design for a quiet UAV that can fit in a backpack and operate for 3 hours, you could win $100,000 in a competition sponsord by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and Naval Warfare Systems Center Atlantic. In this challenge, teams will participate in peer-reviewed milestones to determine the top 10 teams that advance to the Fly-Off Competition. The winning team gets that big check and a chance to showcase its design in an overseas military exercise! Additionally, the winning team will work with a government-selected UAV manufacturers to produce a small quantity for warfare experimentation. For more information, go to www.uavforge.net. And if you do field a team, we’d love to hear about it!
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting