Check out this gorgeous, 20-foot-span Avro Vulcan XH558! Built by Dave Johnson, the 1/7-scale model is powered by four (!) 160 turbines. The plane has sheeted wings with black Depron ribs, about which Dave notes, “The ribs essentially just keep the skins apart, and so [they] needed very little in the way of strength laterally. They keep the surfaces supported without adding much weight.” The rest of the Vulcan uses traditional built-up construction, and it’s decked out in automotive paint. Dave’s Vulcan is capable of speeds approaching 150mph! Thanks to our friend across the pond, Tbobborap1, for posting this and sharing the link!
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting