Tremendous Texan’s First Flight!

Jun 12, 2013 8 Comments by

Across the pond, RC models just keep getting bigger, like this 11.15-foot-span AT-6 Texan piloted by Adolf “Poldi” Leopold. Built from a Petrasuch kit, the fiberglass model is controlled by a Weatronics radio and has Wabo pneumatic landing gear, a fully detailed cockpit, functional lights and smoke. You’ll get chills when you listen to the Moki 250cc 5-cylinder engine on flyby!  Thanks to RCScaleAirplanes, who captured this video footage of the model’s first flight this April in St. Margarethen, Raab, Austria.

Debra Cleghorn, Featured News, Video Picks

8 Responses to “Tremendous Texan’s First Flight!”

1. gale throne says:

I have seen this field on videos before, is it optical or is the field as short , narrow and obstructions as they seem ? loved the part at the end where he is posing in front of the running prop without any means of restraint.
    Gale T. , Statesboro,ga.

2. Rob says:

can’t believe the ending of this video. The guy is sitting in front of his plane with the engine running. A radio glitch or other anomaly could have caused the engine to rev. I’m sure his happy smile and “thumbs-up” would change quickly if the plane surged forward and the prop cut into him.

Really, safety first always!

3. M.Wijnbeek says:

Wonderful! Just like the eal thing! Congratulations.

4. Bob Smith says:

Thank you for brnging this to us!

5. Mr. Safety says:

Nice! However… major safety faux pas (or however you say it in German) where pilot kneels in front of idling engine w/o anyone securing the airplane. If it throttled up for any reason, the poor bloke would be mince meat!

6. Mel Allen (20242) says:

Simply beautiful! Congratulations to all!

7. ted e. weber says:

new to rc aviation ,but this is one of my favorites and can listen to this video and hear this pretty sounding aircraft for ever!!

8. Carlos brid says: