If you could have only 1 RC model…

May 30, 2012 27 Comments by

It’s time to put your thinking cap on! If you could have only 1 RC model for the rest of your life, what would it be? Chime in on our FACEBOOK PAGEYOUTUBE PAGE, or in the comments section below.

Featured News

The author didnt add any Information to his profile yet

27 Responses to “If you could have only 1 RC model…”

1. FHH says:

Giant Ugly Stick with enlarged control surfaces.

Capable of just about anything…

2. John Reid says:

One that would be crash proof, otherwise I only be able to fly for one or two days. ☺

But if that were not possible, I would pick the Yak 55M from AeroWorks, this plane can do it all. Or some large plane like that.

3. member643 says:

While not crash proof (although that’s a great idea, John!) I’d take a Ritewing Zephyr 2. It’s easy to build, a blast to fly, can haul a full FPV load or lighten up for slope flying, and it can withstand just about anything I can throw at it.

Or rather, it can take everything I throw it at!

4. Anonymous says:

Clancy Lazy Bee – I will never be without one in my stable, it always brings a smile to my face and others too.

5. Conner says:

I would fly the Hangar 9 Sukhoi SU-26MM 3.1m only because it is my favorite r/c model.

6. Tony A. says:

Left this on Facebook too…but here goes.

The Assassin from Crashtesthobby.com. I have been in the hobby for about 5 years now and started flying full contact combat a little less than a year ago with an Assassin. I now have 2 of them and they see far more air time than the rest of the planes/helis that I own put together.

If you ever try full contact combat with a plane that is designed to handle that kind of abuse you will be instantly hooked. It’s the most fun you can have…with your clothes on.

7. Gerry Yarrish says:

That’s easy! the new 1/3-scale Fokker Triplane from Balsa USA. I would set it up with a Zenoah GT-80 engine and a Spektrum PowerBox reduntrant receiver system. If only I could figure out which “Flying Circus” color scheme to pick!

8. Donald Bolt says:

The F22 Stryker. It is inexpensive. It does not need a runway to take off or land. It flies fast or slow. It can do all aerobatics. It is easy to repair. It is challenging for expert and a good challenge for a beginner. I love it. i have built dozens from scratch.

9. blonde says:

one scale model….biplane o triplane model.

It doesn’t matter

beautiful

easy to fly for its proprietor

10. Clay Johnson says:

An Airtonics Olympic 100″ hands down. Endless relaxing low-stress fun.

11. big dog silva says:

traxxas revo with options for electric and gas “switch-ery”

12. Jerry Walker says:

I would have a SAB Goblin 700 Helicopter for sure. It’s a timeless classic that will be around for years to come!

13. Drew says:

Hexacopter.

With bi-directional, full bandwidth HD video

14. Paul Glidden says:

I think that it would be the P 51. I like it because it is fast and will do everything that I can do

15. Renderman133 says:

A Giant Scale F-4G Phantom, with two Jet Cat P-120 Turbines, like the one I flew in the air force when I was in Vietnam

16. Bill Safrit says:

Henseleit TDR or Goblin 700 and a Krill Extra

17. retired relic says:

retired relic

parkzone radian

slow enough even for me

18. M. Melton says:

I like the v22 yes !

19. Paul Mayhan says:

That’s an easy one: an Ugly Stick. It can handle any wind, it can slow down and be lazy if I want it to or do fast aerobatics if I want it to. It’s also robust and easy to fix.

20. Gavin Willacy says:

I would like a Submarine on a micro scale equipt with camera and tv remote on the transmitter :) I’d love to surf the reefs here in Miami and explore the canals.

21. Garret H says:

Definitely my GWS Corsair…I have lots of other planes, electric, nitro, and gas, ranging in size from micros to giant scale. Nothing is as much fun as my custom-painted GWS Corsair. You can pick up the NPS kits for $35. They are lightweight, powerful, and there is just something special about flying them. Best of all, a friend has the same plane….dog fights are a blast! We’ve even put on a few shows for the local elementary school as part of a military memorial event…they are always a hit!

22. Gary Vaughn says:

I would say a micro helicopter, because you can fly them indoors at any time.

23. Graham says:

I’d like to have a giant scale Lavochkin LA 9, what a beautiful aeroplane

24. Anonymous says:

Little Sukhoi 31 by Hyperion. Nice to fly but will bite if you get slack.

25. Marten says:

Comp-ARF Pitts python!
    Durable with beautiful finish. Put the new DA250FS in it or a Moki 250.
    That would be the one.
    Let me check the numbers on my lottery ticket.

Greetings

26. DAVID WALKER says:

B25

27. Jay R. says:

My Parkzone P-51 Brushless, that thing is a missile and flies like a dream!!!