One warbird regular that always shows up at popular giant-scale events, Paul LeTourneau of Oconto, WI., is best known in the RC world for his amazingly big multi-engine aircraft. Paul travels around the country and makes it to the Warbirds and Classics in Fond du Lac, WI, down to the Warbirds Over Delaware in Newark, DE (where he is the Air Boss), and he attends several other events in between.
For years, Paul has been campaigning with his truly giant, ⅕-scale B-25 Mitchell and B-26 Widow Maker bombers, and more recently, he can be seen tearing up the traffic pattern with his equally impressive monster-scale jets. We caught up with Paul to get the backstory on his amazing Fairchild Republic A-10 Warthog powered by a pair of JetCat 110-SX turbines.
MODEL AIRPLANE NEWS PREMIUM members can access this article and many others highlighting amazing techniques, RC airplane builds and projects. When you become a member, you’ll get instant online access to our back-issue archives, the latest Model Airplane News Digital Editions, all of our newsstand-only special issues, and much more.
Membership includes exclusive access to our enormous collection of RC information.
- 7+ years of digital editions of Model Airplane News
- Flight Journal and Model Airplane News special issue digital editions, previously only available on newsstands
- Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get Model Airplane News on your mobile or tablet device
- Aerobatic flight technique video lessons for plane & helicopter pilots
- Contests & giveaways only for members
- 30 years of Model Airplane News archives
- 10 years of Electric Flight archives
- 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop