Taking its design cues from microlight indoor RC flyers, this flapping-wing micro air vehicle can fly with complete autonomy in unknown environments! That means this 20-gram aircraft can take off by itself, then use its onboard 4-gram onboard stereo vision system to keep itself at the same altitude and avoid obstacles! Its sensing and processing systems are all onboard, so no pilot or additional computer is in the loop. The Explorer’s battery lasts 9 minutes. Don’t miss the video!
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- Make Engine Cowls — Easy Beginner tips for RC Airplanes
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager