Inspired by the air race scene in The Phantom Menace, 24 FPV drone pilots sped through a forest in the French Alps, weaving around trees and low-hanging branches to reach speeds of 31mph! The brainchild of the Airgonay drone club, the event pitted four pilots at a time, flying three laps of the nearly 500-foot course. Club president Herve Pellarin says they hope its success can inspire like-minded drone enthusiasts around the globe to put their skills to the test. Check out this video!
Man Subscribe Sidebar
- A Really Long Road to Top Gun — 7,851 miles for Gwyn Avenell and his 1/4-scale Hawker Fury.
- RC Airplanes — Beginner tips: Easy Engine Cowls
- A new way of using a hobby knife & other tips!
- And the Winner is… Best in Show at the AMA East Expo
- Flight Technique: Secrets to Inverted Flight
- Aviation Legend: Interview with Gen. Chuck Yeager
- Video workshop Tip — Making Strong Splices in Balsa Sheeting